Open, transparent and value for money
With schools and academies looking to stretch resources as far as possible, it makes sense to look for a ‘good deal’ when outsourcing payroll services. This has driven a price war in the education market, with some providers championing very low ‘per payslip’ prices to buy the business. But payroll is no different to any other product or service, ask yourself what has to be stripped out in order to achieve such a low price?
Value rather than price
We are up-front and state that Dataplan Education are not the cheapest in the market.
We don’t want to be.
Our business model is built on securing long-term relationships with our clients. Relationships we invest in, rather than a ‘churn’ of clients who are chasing a cheap price and therefore have no loyalty to their provider.
We have grown organically, rather than as a result of teams of sales people and heavy-duty advertising campaigns. We now pay almost 50,000 employees each month within the education sector through delivering a high quality solution for our clients.
We have invested heavily in customer service, staff education, technology and systems so we can deliver a service our clients value, at a fair price.
Open and honest pricing
What we also feel is very important that whatever price we quote, it is inclusive and transparent. The problem we have come across with some other providers is that their payslip price excludes what you may expect to be included as standard, such as the processing of starters / leavers and year end processing (it seems to be going the way of the budget airlines where everything is an extra cost!)
What is included in our price?
Our fixed payroll ‘per payslip’ price includes:
- Dedicated UK based processing team
- Named contact and team working on your payroll
- Processing of PAYE / Pension / other deductions
- Providing online reports and management information for approval before pay day
- Online review of employees payslips current periods and historical
- Payment of salaries and Pensions by BACS once approved
- Production of month end reports / payroll journals for your finance systems
- Completion of monthly HMRC filing requirements under RTI
- Completion of year end work required by HMRC and TP/LGPS
- Providing End of Year Certificates P60s for staff (printed or electronic via ePayslips)
We also usually charge a set-up fee which includes:
- Audit / validation of payroll data, including tax codes (often this picks up inaccuracies and errors in payroll data)
- Data transfer
- Management of transfer by our Implementation Team
- Set up of VERA (our online portal)
- VERA training for your team
If you would like to receive a quotation for managing your school payroll, please submit a quote enquiry or call is on 03331 128000