How automating processes for Teachers’ Pension Monthly Data Collection improves accuracy and impresses TP!
TP (Teachers’ Pensions) administers the pensions for all teachers on behalf of the Department for Education.
Dataplan currently processes payroll and pension contributions for over 600 employers across the UK with teachers. This includes a fully managed pension administration service.
Key to this is the MDC (Monthly Data Collection) and the provision of timely and accurate member data.
Not only do we have an automated process for extracting MDC data from payroll, we have additional automation to:
- Check and validate data quality prior to submission
- Upload copies of the MDC returns to the secure client portal for them to view
- Queue MDCs and automated upload to the TP employer portal in the early hours of the evening – outside of normal business hours
- The sorting and storing of TP’s automated MDC submission related emails
- Shortly after the MDC uploads, downloading MDC related action files and placing these in relevant task queues for action by our pension administration team the following day
- Queue completed MDC action files and automated upload back to TP
TP are engaging with various organisations involved in this data collection process before they develop and launch what will be known as MCR (Monthly Collection Return).
In August they paid Dataplan a visit, as part of their research, and two of our superheroes, George Serls and Glen Parry showed them how we handle MDC and other processes such as monthly contribution breakdowns and EOYC (End of Year Certificates).
It was a really productive day for them and gave us the opportunity to impress them with our TP processes.
“Thanks for your time and hospitality. Both myself and Richard found it very useful to get an understanding of how things work ‘from the other side of the fence’ and have to say we were very impressed by what we saw.” Keith Fenney, Employer Relationship Manager, Teachers Pensions